Google AdWords pay-per-click advertising is how Google monetizes its product: valuable search results. This makes it the ultimate proving ground for your website’s messaging, functionality, SEO performance and even value as an authority in your industry. If your PPC campaign is lean and profitable, then chances are your website will steadily climb the search rankings for an ever broadening world of search terms.
Good News! Good Pay-Per-Click Means Revenue for You
One way to think of organic (unpaid) search engine optimization and marketing versus pay-per-click search results advertising is think of your Web design and SEO as a mid- or long-term investment, while your PPC investment is aimed at near-term revenue.
To understand why this is, you need to understand how Google ranks both its organic search results and its pay-per-click results. Here’s a quick, dirty bullet list of the two results types’ defining characteristics:
Organic (unpaid) Search Results …
- Rank websites with a complex and ever-changing algorithm that weighs each site’s overall performance and specific relevance to each search.
- Reflect your website’s overall quality, relevance and authority in your industry (search terms group or groups).
- Climb at a measured, systematic rate determined by Google’s ongoing evaluation process.
Pay-Per-Click Search Results …
- Rank websites through a complex auction for each search. The auction weighs sites for many of the same metrics that Google uses to evaluate them for organic search results rankings, then enables advertisers to bid for paid rankings positions, impressions and clicks on brief ads linked to specific landing pages on their websites.
- Assign quality scores to ad-targeted landing pages, assessing the relevance, functionality and ease of navigation to determine whose pages are most likely to deliver value to searchers. In the search auction, ads linked to pages with higher quality scores rank higher and pay less per click than ads linked to lower scoring landing pages.
- Can take your website to the head of the line in your targeted search space fast. You just need to survey the search market in your industry for your competitors’ weaknesses, then configure your PPC campaign to exploit the opportunities that are always there. We love that part.
Pay-Per-Click: The Best of Both Revenue Growth Investment Worlds
A lean, precise pay-per-click campaign designed to exploit competitor weaknesses will contribute to your website’s steadily rising organic search results rankings over time, as well as give you the jump on your competitors and win you customers (revenue!) right now.
To learn more about how pay-per-click advertising can turbocharge your digital revenue growth, call Digital Revenue Inc today!